The Royal Elcano Institute is looking for an executive coordinator for its office in Brussels. Established in 2016, the Brussels Office aims to boost the dissemination of Institute and enhance the influence of ideas and Spanish perspectives in the great European and transatlantic debates, especially at the European Union and NATO level.
From the European capital, the Royal Elcano Institute conducts reports, projects and activities in collaboration with other think tanks and analytics centres, catalyst in areas of special interest to Spain, such as the challenges of security in the Mediterranean and southern European neighborhood, the fight against terrorism or relations between the European Union and Latin America. Likewise, the Brussels Office also seeks to enhance the advent of Spanish perspectives and ideas in issues of a more general nature, such as economic and monetary union, the future of European trade policy, the European migration challenge, foreign and defence policy European Union or the future of the transatlantic relationship.
Elcano’s Brussels Office organises much of its activity around the ‘Ecosystem and culture of influence of Spain in Europe’ project. This project, started in 2020, aims to analyze the evolution of the presence and influence Spain in the European Union and NATO, as well as helping to strengthen connectivity between the General Administration of the State (mainly through its Permanent Representation to the EU and NATO), Spaniards in institutions Spanish MEPs from different parties, representations of autonomous communities, businesses, civil society associations in Brussels, experts and opinion makers.
- Have studies (ideally Master’s degree) in Political or Economic Science, International Relations, European Studies or similar discipline.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in think tanks or universities, European institutions, the Spanish private administration or companies in European Union-related issues and institutional or institutional dynamics European economic policy.
- Knowledge of Spanish political and business reality.
- Ability to carry out policy oriented work and interest in research issues that concern his portfolio.
- Knowledge of formal and informal networks of the Spanish community in Brussels.
- Fluid knowledge of the Spanish and English languages.
- Wage offer and working conditions will depend on experience and profile selected candidate.
- Executive and administrative coordination of the ‘Ecosystem and culture of Spain’s influence in Europe’.
- Maintenance and expansion of formal and informal networks of Spaniards in Brussels (in the public and private sphere).
- Agenda planning and future activities, acting as the main intermediary between the Brussels Office and Elcano’s Madrid headquarters.
- Organization of digital and face-to-face events relevant to the project ecosystem.
- Networking with the rest of European think-tanks in Brussels and availability to attend online or face-to-face seminars as Elcano’s representative.
- Support to the director of the Brussels Office in the management of relations with Elcano and the Ecosystem project in Brussels.
- Collaboration in the administrative work of the Brussels Office.
Please email an explanatory letter of interest and suitability candidate, as well as a short resume (no more than 2-3 pages) to nmartin[at]rielcano.org the matter: “Executive Coordinator Offer – Office of Brussels.”
The incorporation would be scheduled for September 2021 and the deadline for applications are on 25 May 2021 at 5pm CET.
Only those candidates will be contacted shortlisted after a review prior to his résumées. Pre-selected profiles will be called to a digital interview. Elcano is committed to equality of male-female opportunities and encourage filing applications by female candidates.