The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome (Italy), is seeking to hire a Researcher responsible for research, reporting and outreach on European affairs, with a particular focus on Asia.
His/her tasks will include:
- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds
- Supervision of material to be published
- Organizing seminars and conferences, and writing reports based on these events
- Coordinating international research teams and projects
- Participation in the drafting and management of national and European research projects
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures
- Fundraising and networking activities aimed at developing the economic programme / studies
- Management of external communication on projects for which s/he is responsible
Qualifications/The ideal candidate should have:
- Have a Ph.D. or have at least four years of professional experience in research at national and / or international research institutions, governmental institutions, international organizations, NGOs
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; Fluency or proficiency in Italian; knowledge of Mandarin Chinese would be an asset
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic literature and policy debate on international, and specifically economic, issues
- Have a network of contacts in academia (Italian and international), private sector (Italian), medium (Italian), government (Italian) and institutions (Italian and EU) will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with standard software (MS Office).
Specializations of interest:
- China and Chinese foreign policy
- Italy-China relations
- Europe-China relations
- Asia geopolitics.
- Availability both to research activities and to operational work
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Aptitude for communication
- Availability to travel
Learn more here.