- Full time analyst (or junior analyst) to work on Energy and Climate
- Location: Madrid.
- Starting date: 1st of November 2021 or before if available.
- Salary: commensurate with experience.
- Graduate Degree (ideally MSc) in Economics, International Relations, or a related social science, although other backgrounds may be considered. Candidates who have recently obtained their PhD and candidates who are close to completing it are encouraged to apply.
- Strong interest in energy and climate change.
- Ability to contribute to Elcano’s research projects and provide policy advice on energy and climate.
- Ability to collect and critically analyse and visualize data. Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative methods is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English and Spanish (written and spoken). Knowledge of any other language is an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-disciplinary team.
- Managerial and organisational skills, and ability to multitask.
- Citizenship or status allowing to work in Spain
- To conduct research according to Elcano’s annual action plan.
- To support Elcano’s senior analysts in their research and managerial tasks.
- To promote Elcano’s work in the media
- To engage with public and private decision-makers, academics, business representatives and civil society organisations.
- To attend conferences and workshops in Spain and abroad.
- Deadline: 1st of September 2021, 17.00 CET
- Prospective applicants are invited to send a cover letter (in English or Spanish) and a brief CV (2/3 pages, detailing education, languages, research experience, professional experience, and two references) to climate.analyst[at]rielcano.org, with subject line: “Energy and Climate analyst recruitment” or: “Selección de investigador: Energía y Clima”.
Read the full application here.