The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is hiring a Junior Researcher to work in the Mediterranean, Middle East and Africa Programme to carry out and disseminate research with a particular focus on the following topics: Political, socio-economic and security dynamics in the Middle East, (Iraq, Iran, Gulf monarchies, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt); European and transatlantic policies with a particular focus on conflict, human security, cooperation and peace mediation; (Inter)regionalism and regionalisation; Dynamics and governance of migration and displacement. The successful candidate will be integrated in all the work processes of the program carried out by the IAI headquarters in Rome.
- Writing articles, papers, reports and research documents
- Editing documents for publication
- Collecting sources and producing documentation
- Assisting in the organisation of seminars and conferences, and producing conference reports about them
- Supporting the cooordinationcoordination of international research groups and projects which also involve political and civil society representatives
- Participating as a speaker in seminars and conferences
- AssistigAssisting with fundraising and networking activities aimed at developing the Mediterranean, Middle East and Africa Programme
- Updating the IAI website and coordinating communication activities of projects.
- Italian or foreign Master Degree in: international relations, political science, area studies, diplomatic studies, economy, international law (completed or at an advanced stage following the delivery of the final thesis)
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Italian
- Knowledge of academic literature relating to the Mediterranean/broader Middle East, as well as Euro-Mediterranean relation
- Relevant work experience (which may also include postgraduate and/or internship training
- Advanced skills in analytical writing and reporting
- Knowledge of a Middle Eastern language
- Work or study experience in the region
- English language publications
- Editorial experience
- Knowledge of gender dynamics in international relations, with particular reference to the role of women in diplomacy and peace mediation
Learn more here.