The College of Europe in Natolin is seeking applications for a postdoctoral researcher for a period of 12 months, beginning in April/May 2022. The researcher will work in the Chair of European Civilisation, founded by the European Parliament in memory of Professor Bronisław Geremek.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A doctorate in history or a related social science field (political science, sociology, economics) with a keen interest and expertise in history;
- Experience with interdisciplinary research in history and/or the social sciences, as well as peer-reviewed publications;
- Knowledge of central and eastern European history is a plus;
- The ability to work intensely with a team of researchers and academics;
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French, knowledge of Polish would be appreciated.
Responsibilities include :
- Research resulting in high-level academic publications; at a minimum, writing a research article in the field of modern Eastern European history and submit it to a leading academic journal;
- A leading role in the development of joint research projects led by the Chair;
- Contribute more generally to the activities of the Chair of European Civilisation, under the authority of the Chairholder, including assistance in the organisation of thematic conferences and events for students;
- Provide academic support to students writing theses in the field of European history and European civilisation.
The College offers :
- An excellent academic collegial environment;
- A Polish work contract for twelve months (Umowa o prace);
- Competitive remuneration;
- An international work environment.
Candidates must submit their applications in French or English including a detailed CV, a project proposal, description of research interests, a motivation letter/cover letter, and the names of two references, by 28 February 2022 to civilization-chair.pl[at]coleurope.eu and georges.mink[at]coleurope.eu.
Read more here.