The College of Europe is seeking applications for the position of one full-time Research Fellow, with an interest in energy transition in the context of the European Union’s European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP), with an expected starting date in early 2022. The position will be held within the framework of the European Neighbourhood Policy Chair (ENP Chair).
They are looking for scholars with:
- a doctorate, preferably in Political Science, International Relations, Energy Studies,
- a demonstrated interest in issues related to energy transition, ideally in the context of EU external action and/or in relation to the EU’s southern/eastern neighbourhood,
- a proven track record of research and academic publications in the field of energy transition, ideally in the framework of the ENP and/or in the countries of the EU’s southern/eastern neighbourhood,
- a very good command of English (good knowledge of other languages spoken in the EU’s neighbourhood desirable),
- an ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously and to participate in the development and implementation of research projects and international conferences,
- a sense of responsibility and initiative, results-orientation, and a sense for continuous improvement,
- good organizational skills,
- ICT skills and the ability to use current IT tools.
Under the supervision of the Chairholder, Prof. Tobias Schumacher, the post-holder will be responsible for:
- the pursuit of research activities focusing on energy transition in the framework of EU-neighbourhood relations, leading to high-level academic publications in internationally recognized outlets,
- active participation in the organisation of seminars, workshops and conferences in the framework of the ENP Chair,
- active participation in joint projects and external missions undertaken in the framework of the ENP Chair,
- contributing to the academic program of the Natolin campus and providing academic support for students undertaking Master Theses,
- contributing to the implementation of the objectives of the ENP Chair, the post-holder will facilitate internal communication, foster co-operation, team spirit and a harmonious working environment with a view to increasing efficiency and academic output.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting and an international working environment,
- a two-year contract (subject to a three months probationary period) under Polish law, renewable,
- an internationally competitive remuneration.
Applications in English, comprising a letter of motivation, a detailed curriculum vitae (including a list of publications), and the names of two referees should be submitted by 20 October 2021 via e-mail to: maja.olszewska[at]coleurope.eu.