- Full time researcher (or junior analyst) to work on EU affairs.
- Location: Madrid (citizenship or status which allows for working in Spain).
- Starting date: 1 July 2021 or before if available.
- Graduate Degree (ideally MA) in Political Science, International Relations, or a related social science.
- Strong interest in European politics and sound understanding of EU affairs.
- Ability to provide original research and policy advice.
- Willingness to contribute to the collection and analysis of data.
- Excellent communication skills and full fluency in English and Spanish (written and spoken). Knowledge of any other language is an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Managerial skills, organisational aptitude, and ability to multi-task work.
- To conduct own research according to Elcano’s annual plan of action.
- To support Elcano’s senior analysts in their research and managerial work.
- To prepare a Ph.D. project under supervision of an Elcano’s senior analyst (but advanced doctoral candidates and young doctors may apply too).
- To promote Elcano’s work in the media and engagement with officials.
- To attend conferences and workshops in Spain and abroad.
- Deadline: 25 May 2021, 17.00 CET
- Prospective applicants are invited to send a motivation letter (in English or Spanish) and a brief CV (2/3 pages, detailing education, languages, research experience, professional experience, and two references) to EU.analyst[at]rielcano.org, with subject line: “EU analyst recruitment” or: “Selección de investigador UE”.
- The Elcano Royal Institute is a think tank specialised in international and strategic studies conducted from a Spanish, European and global perspective.Job Offer: full-time position of researcher (or junior analyst) to join our EU affairs team in Madrid. We are committed to equal opportunities and encourage applications from female candidates.
Learn more here.