The College of Europe in Bruges is seeking applications for the position of Senior Academic Expert (25% FTE) in the Academic Administration Office with a tentative starting date in mid-May 2023.
Following the official announcement by the Republic of Albania and the European Commission of the decision to support and finance the establishment of a new College of Europe campus in Tirana (Albania) – and the potential launch of the envisaged Master’s programme in the academic year 2024/2025 –, the College of Europe (campus Bruges) is recruiting an “Action Team of experts” in charge of the preparatory inception phase of the project.
In this framework, the Senior Academic Expert will provide the necessary academic input for the conception of the Master’s degree’s academic focus and the development of the curriculum.
Essential requirements are:
- a Ph.D. in Social Sciences, History, Economics or Law;
- a proven academic interest in the Balkan region;
- university-level teaching experience;
- an excellent command of English, with a good command of French considered an asset;
- good organisational skills and a high measure of flexibility.
The main areas of expertise should cover:
- the enlargement and accession policies of the EU;
- the Balkan region (history, security dimension, etc.);
- EU studies.
Main tasks include:
- coordinate, in close cooperation with the Academic Project Coordinator, the conception of a new Master’s degree;
- provide the necessary academic input for the design of the academic programme that will lay the foundation for the curriculum and courses that will be offered to students;
- identify professors and experts in the field;
- take responsibility for a quality assurance and academic relevance of the newly created academic programme;
- conduct, coordinate and support the process of academic certification of the curriculum.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting;
- an employment contract with limited duration under Belgian law with a possibility of renewal;
- a pleasant, international working environment.
The successful candidate will be available to carry out his/her duties in Bruges, with limited homeworking possibilities (according to the College of Europe’s policy).
Applications in English or in French comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) should be submitted by Tuesday 2 May 2023.
Learn more here.