On 15 January 2013, the IIEA launched a new website, The Environment Nexus: your digital ecosystem, at www.iiea.com/environmentnexus.
Understanding the interconnections between water, energy and food is the essence of nexus thinking – a vital tool for policy-makers. The IIEA Environment Nexus is an online hub for EU environment policy. Under three themes – water; agriculture and food security; and energy and climate – the IIEA and expert contributors analyse the most important environmental issues facing the EU.
Nexus content includes videos, infographics, analytical policy reports, FAQs and blogs. New content will be continuously added over the coming months. Already, the site features:
- A video infographic on rescuing the EU’s carbon market;
- An infographic outlining routes to decarbonisation by 2050;
- Country comparison infographics mapping electricity prices and water scarcity across Europe;
- A policy paper on Greening CAP payments by Prof. Alan Matthews of CapReform.eu;
- An infographic on Fuelling the Future: Biofuels and Sustainability;
- Frequently asked questions on water in Europe;
- A citizen poll on water charges in Ireland;
- Opinion pieces and blogs, including on shale gas, the Doha international climate negotiations, the impact of the CAP on development, aviation in the EU-ETS, the water-energy nexus, and the Irish EU Presidency priorities on agriculture and energy;
- An archive of IIEA content on water, energy and climate, and agriculture and food security issues.