Director: Pol Morillas
Contact: Press and Communication
CIDOB is an independent and plural think tank based in Barcelona, dedicated to the study, research and analysis of international affairs. Created in 1973 as an International Documentation Centre of Barcelona, it is a private foundation since 1979.
CIDOB is a dynamic community of analysts that works to produce and offer to all political actors –from individual citizens to international organisations– information and ideas to help formulate and promote policies for a more secure, free and fair world for everyone.
CIDOB’s objectives are to be:
• An independent research centre, plural, without dominant partisan or ideological agendas, and capable of influencing thinking and global political action from within its local reality.
• A useful international point of reference in Barcelona for people, institutions, and companies that work in the international field or which are interested in it; an agent for promoting the growing internationalisation of the city, of Catalonia, and of Spain; as well as a national and international point of reference in terms of research, documentation resources, and publications specialised in international relations.
• An influential actor in the development of the international action of local governments, the Generalitat of Catalonia, the Government of Spain, and of the European Union and their respective parliamentary structures; in permanent dialogue with policy-makers and with the capacity to generate opinion, directly and/or through the media.
• An organisation connected –both on a European and a global level– with other leading institutions in the field of international relations; an organisation that participates in the European and global debates, and which is a source of internationally respected knowledge and opinion.
• An instrument of international action at the service of the citizens; a mechanism to support international relations that works to influence and assist decision-makers. A tool to respond to the concerns of the general public and to disseminate international and European public decisions that affect ordinary citizens, as well as contributing to their application.
CIDOB promotes global governance and good practices –based on a local, national and European democratic government– to ensure that people possess the basic elements to live their lives free from fear and in liberty, by facilitating a dialogue that includes all diversities and which actively defends human rights and gender equality.
CIDOB is a dynamic community of analysts that works to produce and offer to all political actors –from individual citizens to international organisations– information and ideas to formulate and promote policies for a more secure, free, and fair world for everyone.
- “Keys to reactivating the EU–CELAC partnership and channelling the globalisation of the future”, Anna Ayuso (CIDOB, Barcelona)
- “Pandemic, vaccines and power”, Eduard Soler i Lecha (CIDOB, Barcelona)
- CIDOB’s documentary “Bouncing Back” is now available with subtitles in Spanish and Catalan (CIDOB, Barcelona)
- “Ethiopia: A potential (De) Stabilising Presence in the Horn of Africa”, Oriol Puig (CIDOB, Spain)
- “Post-Brexit UK has not ‘taken back’ Control of Immigration”, Emmanuel Comte (CIDOB, Spain)
- “Corruption in Tunisia: Fish Rots from the Head Downwards”, Francis Ghilès (CIDOB, Spain)
- “How to Advance to Feminist Cities after the Pandemic?”, Eva Garcia-Chueca (CIDOB, Barcelona)
- “Navalny or the Widening Crack of the Putin Regime”, Carmen Claudín (CIDOB, Barcelona)
- International Women’s Day: Read our Top 5 Publications
- “Bouncing Back: World Politics after the Pandemic” (CIDOB, Barcelona)