Director: Marco Ongaro
Contact: EIPA General Information
Established in Maastricht in 1981 and having centres in Luxembourg and Barcelona, the European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) is Europe’s leading centre of excellence on European integration and the new challenges for public management. It is our mission to support the European Union and its Member States and the countries associated with EIPA by providing relevant and high quality services to develop the capacities of public officials in dealing with EU affairs. We offer our services to officials at the EU institutions and in related bodies, and to civil servants within the national and regional administrations of the Member States, applicant countries and other countries in the framework of their relationship with the EU. As we continue on the way towards a successful future, constantly improving the quality of our services remains at the heart of our work. The European Commission supports EIPA through the European Union budget.
EIPA is the place where people who deal with European affairs can learn in a multi-cultural environment benefiting from our unique combination of practical know-how and scientific excellence. Our goal is to provide relevant and high quality services to develop the capacities of public officials dealing with EU affairs. In fulfilling our core mission we work along three lines: Learning & Development, Consultancy and Research.
The training activities are complemented and enriched by applied research and consultancy missions, and are of benefit to national and regional public administrations, as well as the European Institutions. Our work contributes towards a better knowledge of the European integration process and European policies, whilst strengthening the capacity of public servants to perform effectively in this area.
Our services are characterised by a multidisciplinary learning methodology and a strongly comparative approach. EIPA provides an overall view, which, by showing the contrasts, reflects European diversity in terms of governance and administration. Our programmes are designed to provide a collaborative and stimulating environment for learning and to add value to your professional career and personal growth.
The topics are presented with the systematic use of case studies, simulation exercises and working groups. The diverse educational and professional backgrounds of our faculty and delegates enrich the experience. Moreover, most seminars and training courses bring together participants from many EU Member States and Candidate Countries. In this multicultural environment the transfer of knowledge and know-how is successfully combined with exchanges of experience and best practices drawn from different administrative systems.
EIPA Senior Lecturer Sabina Lange is a member of the TEPSA Board since January 2017.
- Online Course: “Recent Developments in European Public Procurement and Case Law”, 17-18 June (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Online Course: “EU Legal Information Resources on the Web – Finding What you need in a Couple of Clicks”, 15-16 June (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Online Course: “Data Protection Certification Course”, 14-18 June 2021 (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Online Course: “EU Financial Services Law for Non-Lawyers: Institutional and Regulatory Framework – What’s New?”, 7-8 June 2021 (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Online Course: “Advanced Course on the Annulment Action: Challenging EU Acts Successfully Before the Court of Justice of the EU”, 24-25 June (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Online Course: “The New ESF+ Regulations and Programmes 2021-2027”, 22-24 June (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Roundtable Series: “EIPA in conversation with…” (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Online Course: “Competitive Dialogue and Negotiated Procedures Master Class”, 29-30 June (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Call for Experts: European CAF Resource Centre (EIPA, Maastricht)
- Job Vacancy: “Expert in Impact Assessment and Evaluation” (EIPA, Maastricht)