Institute of International and European Affairs
Director General: Michael Collins
Contact: IIEA Reception
SHARING IDEAS, SHAPING POLICY
The Institute of International and European Affairs is Ireland’s leading international affairs think tank. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation with charitable status. Our aim is to provide a forum for all those interested in EU and International affairs to engage in debate and discussion, and to evaluate and share policy options.
Our extensive research and events programmes provide members with policy insights, analysis and context to help shape vital decisions about Ireland’s strategic direction and future. The IIEA’s role is to identify key European and international trends and priorities, which will inform the work of Ireland’s decision makers and business leaders, and enrich the public debate on Ireland’s role in the EU and on the global stage.
The IIEA’s unique convening power places the Institute at the centre of thought leadership in Ireland. The Institute brings together an extensive network of key players to share knowledge and insight from varied points of view. Our reputation for independence and public policy expertise attracts the highest-level speakers, decision makers, and thought leaders at national, EU and global level.
The increased complexity of international affairs at this time demands that all policy makers, business leaders and decision makers have a clear understanding of the challenges ahead. With over 100 events per year, the Institute’s complimentary research programme and Speaker Series equip members with a comprehensive understanding of the pressing issues and policy debates that define Ireland’s place in the world.
The Institute is committed to excellence in its research, to an integrated approach across different policy areas and to timely analysis of emerging issues in EU and international affairs.
The Institute is determined to provide members with stimulating engagement with thought-leaders and with a platform for the respectful exchange of diverse opinions and ideas.
The Institute is committed to transparency in its funding and governance.
The Institute is committed to promoting diversity and gender equality, and providing its staff with a welcoming and enjoyable place to work.
- 2020 Global Go to Think-Tank Index: TEPSA once again confirmed as one of the leading think-tank networks in the world
- “What’s next for EU enlargement” (IIEA, Ireland)
- TEPSA as one of the leading think-tank networks in the world by the Global Go To Think-Tank Index
- Past event at Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA): “Japanese Perspectives on Asian Geopolitics”
- Past event at Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA): “The British Business Vision for a Reformed EU”
- Past event at Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA): “Countering Terrorism and Radicalisation – An OSCE Approach”
- Publications from IIEA
- Past events at the Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA) – Autumn 2014
- Past conferences at the IIEA, Dublin
- Past events at the IIEA, Dublin