Director: Assoc. Prof. Margarita Šešelgytė
Contact: IIRPS Information
The Institute of International Relations and Political Science is an academic institution specialising in social and political sciences, which holds a faculty status at Vilnius University. IIRPS has been present in the academic and political life of Central and Eastern Europe and the Baltic region since its establishment in 1992. Interconnection with the government institutions and its wide range of acknowledged experts, modern teaching techniques concentrated on developing critical thinking, professionally carried out researches and carefully developed partnership with universities and think tanks around the world established the Institute as a noted academic institution and think tank.
IIRPS conducts three-level studies: BA in Political Science and six MA programmes: International Relations and Diplomacy, European Studies, Studies of Contemporary Politics, Public Policy Analysis, Politics and Media and Eastern European and Russian Studies (the latter taught in English). We also conduct full time and external PhD studies.
Relevance of research problems, originality of solutions and interdisciplinarity are the main principles of IIRPS research. The main research themes include:
- Challenges to Democracy in Post-Communist World;
- Changes in International Politics, Research methods and Lithuanian Foreign Policy Political Transformations in Eastern Europe;
- Development of EU after Lisbon;
- Public Policy Process and Development of Public Administration after the EU Enlargement.
The Institute is proud to have gathered together a number of prominent experts on national, European and international politics who are renowned for their competent and original public commentaries, expert knowledge and professional experience. Our experts conduct both critical analysis of contemporary social science issues, political philosophy, international relations, and policy-oriented research, for example, in policy administration and public policy analysis. They have contributed extensively to the analysis of Lithuania’s accession into the EU and NATO and its role in these organizations and other international structures, country’s relationships with its neighbours in the region, including Nordic-Baltic countries, Poland as well as Eastern partners.
- Call for Applications: “MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship”, Deadline September 13 (IIRPS, Lithuania)
- Call for Papers: “Special issue on Monuments, Museums and Institutions: between Memory Activism and Public History”, Deadline August 20 (IIRPS, Lithuania)
- Trans European Policy Studies Association Launches Book tackling Climate Change Policy in Europe
- WATCH: “EU-Russia Relations – Special Talk with Heidi Hautala MEP” | EuropeChats Episode 15
- TEPSA Recommendations to the Swedish Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- WATCH: Recommendations from members of the TEPSA network to the Swedish Presidency
- Trans European Policy Studies Association Launches Book on Russia and the Future of Europe
- Experts’ Debrief: Harnessing the EU Accession Perspective for Consolidating Democracy in Accession Trio Countries
- “The Baltic States in the Economic and Monetary Union: Standing in the Shadow of Germany or Helping to Counterbalance the ‘South’?”, Ramūnas Vilpišauskas (IIRPS, Lithuania)
- WATCH: European Solidarity in Action – Discussion with Michael Kaeding | #EuropeChats Episode 8
view all news | back to members page