Robert Schuman Institute – Institute of Political Science – University of Luxembourg
Director: Professor David Howarth, Head of Institute
Institute of Political Science
The Institute of Political Science forms part of the Department of Social Sciences of the University of Luxembourg. The institute has taken over the TEPSA related activities of the former CERE Robert Schuman Luxembourg. The Institute of Political Science provides a methodologically pluralist and distinctively multilingual environment in which to pursue research into politics and governance.
The Institute has internationally recognised research strengths in the areas of:
- European Union economic governance,
- Political economy (notably finance),
- Human rights,
- Post-conflict politics,
- Institutions and policies of the European Union,
- Multi-level governance and federalism,
- Parliamentarism and legislative studies,
- Voters and elections,
- Lobbying and interest representation in the EU.
The Robert Schuman Institute of European Affairs (RSI) contributed regularly to various TEPSA projects such as EU Watch or the organization of the June 2015 TEPSA Pre-Presidency Conference.
The Institute’s members are part of the University of Luxembourg’s interdisciplinary Robert Schuman Initiative which is recognised as a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence and funded by the EU Commission for the 2016-2021 period. Many of the EU-focused activities of the Institute of Political Science are organised through the RSI.
- Online Event: “Italy and the European Investment Bank”, 10 December (CERE)
- TEPSA Luxembourg Pre-Presidency Conference, Luxembourg, 4-5 June 2015
- Introducing Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches Européennes Robert Schuman (CERE)
- TEPSA Pre-Presidency Conference in Luxembourg, 4-5 June 2015
- TEPSA Guest Lecture: “The Schengen agreement under discussion”, Centre d’études et de recherches européennes Robert Schuman, 6 November 2012