Faculty of Law Iustinianus Primus – Ss. Cyril and Methodus University
Dean: Prof. Dr. Goran Koevski
Contact: Dr. Sc. Irena Rajchinovska Pandeva
The Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” in Skopje is a member of the “Ss. Cyril and Methodius” State University, the oldest, the largest and best ranked university in North Macedonia.
It was established in 1951 as part of the Faculty on Law and Economy at the University of Skopje. As of July 1st 1956, the Faculty operates as the first, independent higher education institution for legal studies in the country.
The Faculty offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs (master and doctoral level) in law, political science, journalism and public relations. A multi-level model of studying has been introduced in accordance with the trends in the European higher education that encourage student mobility and inter-university cooperation. The Faculty has implemented the European Credit Transfer System since 2005. During the past 65 years, the Faculty has enrolled more than 60.000 students.
Research activities are carried out on various issues including development of law and the implementation of European law in FYROM’s legal system, political science research and analysis, media and communications analysis. Faculty is involved in numerous international projects either as initiator, partner or consortium member and has strong national and regional research profile. The Faculty has partnered with more than 70 institutions worldwide on bilateral level and participates in many European and other programs (Tempus/Cards, Erasmus/Socrates, Horizon2020, CEEPUS, Fulbright, Jean Monnet etc.).
The Faculty is a member of Rotterdam Law School Network since April 2008, European Law Faculties Association since February 2011 and initiator and founding member of the South East European Law School Network (SEELS), since March 2011. In June 2017, the Faculty became a member of Erasmus Nanterre Network.
- TEPSA-Faculty of Law Iustinianus Primus Trans European Debate: “Intercultural dialogue combating the stigmatization of migrants and refugees”, Skopje, 18 December 2019
- TEPSA-Faculty of Law Iustinianus Primus conference: Law, justice and politics in the contemporary democratic context, Skopje, 13 December 2018
- TEPSA/Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” of the Ss. Cyril and Methodus University National Convention: “Law, Justice and Politics in the Contemporary Democratic Context”
- Introducing a new TEPSA member: The Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” (University Ss. Cyril and Methodus)
- TEPSA General Assembly meets in Tallinn, welcomes two new TEPSA members