Faculty of Economics – University of Montenegro
Director: Dr Nikola Milović
Contact: Faculty of Economics Information
The Faculty of Economics is one of the most important educational and research institutions in Montenegro. During its 58 years of hard work and outstanding efforts, the Faculty has proven to be one of the key actors in creating adequate staff support and expertise in the process of building a modern economic and business environment.
The Faculty of Economics in Podgorica was established in 1960 after the decision of the National Parliament of the Republic of Montenegro. The Faculty is a state body under the University of Montenegro and Ministry of Education, but operates independently as a non-political institution in all its professional activities. The main source of funding is represented by the State budget, student fees and research grants from the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Science, EU, UNDP, World Bank and private companies.
The Faculty of Economics is also a fundamental partner in the implementation of economic reforms and EU integration. In addition to educational activity, the Faculty engages in scientific research, teaching and scientific and professional activities in various forms. This includes various projects, courses for knowledge innovation, professional development and training of personnel, consulting, scientific and expert discussions, academic and professional cooperation with other institutions, publishing professional and scientific publications, etc.
It is a leading research institution in international economics, EU and development issues, it is one of the most relevant institutions domestically and regionally in these fields. Professors and researches from the Faculty of Economics are very active in the public debate in their fields of expertise and make frequent appearances in the media.
Throughout its long and rich tradition, the Faculty has striven to successfully respond to new challenges. In this regard, it provided its students with the best theoretical and practical knowledge, enabling them to develop critical spirit in approaching economic phenomena and solving concrete problems in daily work.
Today, the Faculty of Economics in Podgorica successfully cooperates with institutions of higher education from abroad, as well as with other business entities, as evidenced by a large number of signed cooperation agreements, in the region, the European Union and the United States.
The Faculty is member of the EFMD Programme Accreditation System, which will contribute to better international integration in the development of our institution. The Faculty is a distinguished place for lecturing of numerous eminent experts and scientists. Among the more than 100 guest lectures in the previous period we can find Nobel Laureate Finn E. Kydland.
Through the implementation of various forms of cooperation with partner institutions, the Faculty of Economics allows its teachers, researchers and students to expand their knowledge and expertise in exchange programs on the basis of European programs and gain professional skills through practical experience in companies across Europe.
- WATCH: “EU-Russia Relations – Special Talk with Heidi Hautala MEP” | EuropeChats Episode 15
- Trans European Policy Studies Association Launches Book on Russia and the Future of Europe
- TEPSA Brief: “Challenges of Enlargement in the Western Balkans”, Danijela Jaćimović, Joel I. Deichmann and Kong Tianping (UCG, Montenegro)
- WATCH: European Solidarity in Action | #EuropeChats Episode 8
- Debate: “Enlargement Solidarity: Between Political and Economic Convergence and Solidarity”, November 3 (UCG, Montenegro)
- Seminar: “How to sucessfully write a project proposal – Seminar by Andrea Sabatini”, November 1 (UCG, Montenegro)
- Opening event of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (UCG, Montenegro)
- Danijela Jaćimović appears on Radio i Televizjia Crne Gore to discuss “Euroscepticism and the Future of Europe: Views from the Capitals”
- Two TEPSA members successfully completed a bilateral research project ‘Transfer of Slovenian Experience in Building National Innovation System of Montenegro, with emphasis on increasing the competitiveness’ (CIR, Slovenia)