The Centre for Arctic Policy Studies (CAPS) is an independent research centre now being established under the auspices of the Institute of International Affairs (IIA) at the University of Iceland. CAPS will be a forum for interdisciplinary collaboration in the field of arctic research with emphasis on the role and policies of states and institutions, and general issues of Arctic governance. The role of CAPS will be:
1. to participate in research projects with Icelandic and foreign academics
2. to increase collaboration between academia and the private and public sectors, and to introduce new research in this field
3. to offer conferences, seminars, lectures and courses on Arctic issues
4. to publish papers and books on Arctic issues
5. to carry out services projects for the private and public sector
6. to support teaching in the field of Arctic studies
The Institute is currently searching for a Director for the new research centre.