TEPSA is looking for a talented, skilled and motivated young professional for a remunerated traineeship opportunity for a period of 6 months in its Brussels office. The successful candidate will join our small and dynamic office, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact.
The trainee will be involved in communicating the European Union to its citizens via a number of written, audio-visual, and event activities. They will be involved in the communication, dissemination, and implementation of the organisation’s work programme and special projects. The traineeship provides an opportunity to broaden your knowledge about European affairs, EU-funded project management and communications.
TEPSA offers a paid traineeship (gross remuneration of €900) that would best suit a candidate with a master’s degree European Studies or Communications, and who has already acquired experience in EU projects implementation or in maintaining communication activities in the field of European affairs. The traineeship offered will be focused on assisting in communications activities (newsletters, website, social media, video editing) and in EU project implementation.
- Designing newsletters, news, social media campaigns and other communications materials;
- Prepare and deliver visually engaging infographics and high quality videos;
- Support the organisation of conferences, seminars, trainings and other activities;
- Edit papers and reports;
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the TEPSA website, including by updating the website & liaising with TEPSA members to source research contributions;
- Contribute to the overall coordination and implementation of TEPSA outreach activities.
- Master’s degree in Communications, European Studies, Political Science, International Relations or related area;
- Outstanding knowledge of the EU’s political system;
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in English, especially in written form;
- Good knowledge of French, other languages an asset;
- Experience with video & graphical production is an asset;
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress), knowledge of MailChimp is an asset;
- Experience in events organisation, both in-person and online is an asset;
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, prioritise workload, rapid responsiveness, fast learner;
- Interest in working in a multicultural team;
- Eligible to work in Belgium.
Applicants are requested to send their CV and cover letter including the names of two references via e-mail to communications[at]tepsa.eu with ‘Traineeship [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line, addressed to Hugh EVANS. The deadline for applications is July 24 (midnight). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that we will only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be conducted on TEPSA’s Brussels premises or via Zoom. No travel reimbursement is available for in-person interviews.