- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds
- Supervision of material to be published
- Organizing seminars and conferences, and writing reports based on these events
- Coordinating international research teams and projects
- Participation in the drafting and management of national and European research projects
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures
- Fundraising and networking activities aimed at developing the economic programme / studies
- Management of external communication on projects for which s/he is responsible
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a PhD or be a PhD candidate in economics or political science but with a thesis on economic issues, with at least three years of professional experience in research at national and/or international research institutions, governmental institutions, international organizations, NGOs
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic literature and policy debate on international, and specifically economic, issues
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; fluency or proficiency in Italian
- Familiarity with standard software (MS Office, in particular Excel) and, possibly, with software for statistics and data science (Matlab, Stata and the like).
Specializations of interest:
- Global finance
- International financial regulation
- Macroeconomics and political economy
- Evolution of the economic context of globalization
- EU economic governance.
- Available for both research activities and operational work
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Aptitude for communication
- Willing to travel.
The successful candidate will be offered a renewable contract lasting seven month, starting from June 1st, 2019. Salary offered is € 12,600, gross of tax and social security as called for by law.
Please email cover letter, resume with a full list of publications, writing sample, and two references to placement(at)iai.it (Rif: Economist-2019). No phone calls, please.
Applications are due by 28 April 2019, h. 20:00 (CET)
The selected candidates will be convened for an interview that will take place in Rome at IAI in May. Exceptionally, talks via Skype will also be possible.