TEPSA is looking for a skilled and motivated Master student for a 4 months traineeship in its Brussels office. The traineeship can be remunerated through the Erasmus+ funding scheme, depending on agreements with sending Universities.
The trainee will be in contact with TEPSA member institutes, and will be involved in the communication and dissemination of the organisation’s projects, as well as the implementation of those projects. The traineeship provides an opportunity to broaden your knowledge about European affairs, EU-funded project management and communications.
The traineeship would best suit a student enrolled in a Master’s degree in European studies, Political science or Communications, and who is interested in acquiring experience in EU projects. The traineeship offered will be focused on assisting in communications activities (newsletters, website, social media, video editing) and in EU project implementation.
The Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) is an independent research network comprising 47 leading universities and research institutes in the field of European affairs throughout Europe. The TEPSA Secretariat manages and implements several EU-funded projects. It contributes to maximising the policy and societal impact by organising conferences and trainings, producing audio-visual material and coordinating research publications. For further details, see our website: https://www.tepsa.eu/.
- Assist the Communications Manager in the communication of EU-funded projects by designing and preparing newsletters, news, social media campaigns and other communications materials;
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the TEPSA website, including by updating the website & liaising with TEPSA members to source research contributions;
- Prepare and deliver visually engaging infographics and high quality videos;
- Assistance in the conceptualisation and organisation of conferences and seminars;
- Support in the implementation of TEPSA’s projects on democracy, disinformation and citizens’ engagement;
- Contribute to the overall coordination and implementation of TEPSA outreach activities.
- Enrolled in a Master’s degree (e.g. European studies, Political sciences, Communications)
- Excellent knowledge of the internal workings of the EU institutions and decision-making processes
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French is an asset
- Experience with video & graphical production is an asset;
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress), knowledge of MailChimp is an asset;
- Experience in the organisation of events in the field of EU affairs and/or experience in EU projects are considered an advantage
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, prioritise workload, rapid responsiveness, fast learner;
- Interest in working in a multicultural team;
- Eligible to work in Belgium (EU citizen or valid work permit)
Applicants are requested to send their CV and cover letter including the names of two references via e-mail to recruitment[at]tepsa.eu, with ‘Traineeship Communications and Event Assistant [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line, addressed to Mariam Khotenashvili. The deadline for applications is 11 February 2023, but candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis, hence we encourage early applications. The envisaged starting date of the traineeship is 1 March 2023. Please note that we will only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.