TEPSA is looking for a Project Officer to start in the second half of October 2023. The successful candidate will join our small and dynamic office, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact.
The Project Officer will cooperate closely with TEPSA member institutes, EU institutions and other think tanks and academic institutions across Europe. The position will allow the successful candidate to further develop their project management, reporting, research and outreach skills and gain insights into EU policy-making and policy analysis. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the management and implementation of TEPSA’s ‘EU-Bridge’ project aimed at raising citizens’ awareness about the European Union – with a focus on research dissemination and coordination, organisation of conferences, seminars and other events, and outreach to citizens and policy-makers – and will contribute to the implementation of TEPSA’s other projects. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute to TEPSA’s fundraising activities by screening new opportunities and drafting project proposals, as well as contributing to the general running of the organisation.
The role would suit a candidate with a background in EU affairs or a similar discipline, and at least 1 year of experience in project implementation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Management and implementation of the EU-Bridge project in cooperation with TEPSA’s Communications Manager and TEPSA’s Financial Manager, including liaison with and reporting to donors
- Contribution to the implementation of activities within TEPSA’s other projects
- Coordination of publications including TEPSA’s book series on the Future of Europe, European Council Expert Debrief, TEPSA Briefs and Commentaries
- Organization of expert roundtables and public events in Brussels and online
- Coordination of decentralised events organized by TEPSA’s member institutes
- Organisation of seminars and trainings in Brussels
- Liaison with TEPSA members and EU institutions
- Screening of new funding opportunities and contribution to the drafting of project proposals
- Contribution to outreach and dissemination activities, including audiovisual.
- Master’s degree in EU studies/political science/European law or a related discipline
- Interest in and solid understanding of the functioning and structure of the EU
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience in EU project implementation
- Experience in review, editing, formatting and proofreading
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent command of teleconferencing tools
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and respect deadlines, attention to detail and rigour
- Ability to engage and network with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit and ability to work autonomously
- Eligible to work in Belgium (EU citizen or in possession of a valid work permit at the time of the application).
Applicants are requested to send their CV (including the names and contacts of two references) and cover letter, both in PDF format, to recruitment[at]tepsa.eu with the following subject line: Project Officer [Your name].
The closing date for applications is 24 September 2023 (midnight); however, early applications are highly encouraged, as application received will be reviewed and interviews held on a rolling basis.
As we are expecting a high volume of applications, we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. Thank you for your interest in TEPSA’s work.