TEPSA is looking for a talented, skilled, and motivated young professional for a remunerated 6 month-traineeship in its Brussels office. The trainee will join us from 2 November 2023 to 30 April 2024.
The successful candidate will join our dynamic office, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact. The trainee will be in contact with TEPSA member institutes, EU institutions, think tanks and academic organisations across Europe. The traineeship provides an opportunity to broaden your network in these circles.
The trainee will support TEPSA in the implementation of its EU-funded projects. In particular, the trainee will assist in the supply of external expertise to EU institutions and the coordination and editing of research papers in the field of external relations (human rights, development, EU enlargement, Eastern and Southern neighbourhood, security and defence) and gender issues. In addition, the trainee will support TEPSA in the implementation of a number of projects on democracy, disinformation and citizens’ engagement, including the coordination and editing of publications on these themes and the organisation of events. Lastly, they will be involved in TEPSA’s communication and dissemination activities through a number of written and audio-visual outputs. The trainee will be working under the direct supervision of the Project Managers.
TEPSA offers a paid traineeship (monthly remuneration of € 977.50) that would best suit a candidate with a Master’s degree in European studies, political science, law, international relations or public administration who has already acquired experience in EU projects or in maintaining communication activities in the field of European affairs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assistance in the conceptualisation and organisation of conferences, seminars and other events;
- Support in the coordination of research papers (expertise for the European Parliament, TEPSA Briefs, European Council Debriefs, TEPSA book on the Future of Europe, TEPSA recommendations to the upcoming Council Presidency, etc.), including identifying and liaising with academic experts and ensuring the respect of deadline and specifications;
- Assistance in editing reports and studies;
- Assistance in the communication of EU-funded projects through the preparation of newsletters, news, social media campaigns and other communications materials (e.g. visually-engaging infographics);
- Assistance in the day-to-day management of the TEPSA website, including updating the website and liaising with TEPSA members to source research contributions;
- Assistance in the production of audio-visual materials including TEPSA’s flagship video activities and podcasts;
- Contribution to the overall implementation of TEPSA activities.
- Master’s degree in European studies, political science, international relations, law or a related discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of the internal workings of the EU institutions and decision-making processes;
- Excellent drafting and editing skills;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and attention to detail;
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French is an asset;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Capable of handling multiple tasks, prioritising workload, being responsive and a fast learner;
- Interest in working in a multicultural team;
- Eligible to work in Belgium (EU citizen or valid work permit at the time of the application);
- Experience with video and graphic production is an asset;
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress), knowledge of MailChimp is an asset;
- Experience in the organisation of events in the field of EU affairs and/or experience in EU projects are considered an advantage.
Applicants are requested to send their CV (including the names and contacts of two references) and a one-page cover letter via e-mail to recruitment[at]tepsa.eu, with ‘Traineeship Project Assistant [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line, addressed to TEPSA’s Executive Director Mariam Khotenashvili.
The closing date for applications is 1 October 2023 (midnight); however, early applications are highly encouraged, as application received will be reviewed and interviews held on a rolling basis.
As we are expecting a high volume of applications, we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. Thank you for your interest in TEPSA’s work.