TEPSA is looking for a talented, skilled, and motivated young professional for a remunerated traineeship opportunity for a period of six months in its Brussels office. The successful candidate will join our small and dynamic office, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact, as a trainee.
The trainee will be in contact with TEPSA member institutes, EU institutions, and other think tanks and academic organisations across Europe. The traineeship provides an opportunity to broaden your network in these circles. TEPSA offers a paid traineeship (remuneration of €900) that would best suit a candidate with a Master’s degree in European studies, political science or public administration who has already acquired experience in EU projects or in organising activities in the field of EU affairs. The traineeship offered will be focused on assisting in project implementation, coordinating external expertise with the European Parliamnent and contributing to the preparation of new project applications.
- Support in fundraising, including in the preparation of tender applications for EU institutions and other funds;
- Assistance in editing reports and publications;
- Assistance in coordinating external expertise with the European Parliament (within TEPSA’s framework contracts with DG EXPO and EPRS);
- Assistance in TEPSA communication activities;
- Assistance in organisation of online conferences and seminars;
- Contribution to the overall implementation of TEPSA activities;
- Assistance in general administration.
- Master’s degree in European studies, political science, European law, public administration, economics or a related discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of the internal workings of the EU institutions and decision-making processes;
- Excellent drafting skills, previous experience in preparing project proposals an asset;
- Excellent organisational skills (proven experience);
- Fluent in English, especially in written form, good knowledge of French, other languages an asset;
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office. Website management skills and knowledge of WordPress and/or MailChimp is an asset;
- Experience in the organisation of events in the field of EU affairs and/or experience in EU projects are considered an advantage;
- Eligible to work in Belgium (EU citizen or valid work permit).
Applicants are requested to send their CV and cover letter including the names of two references via e-mail to email@example.com, with ‘Traineeship General [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line, addressed to Mariam Khotenashvili. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Deadline for applications: 12 October 2020.
The envisaged starting date of the traineeship is October 2020. Please note that we will only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Read the full job description.