TEPSA is looking for a skilled and motivated young professional to join its Brussels office for an 8-month traineeship. The successful candidate will join our dynamic secretariat, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact. The trainee will be in contact with TEPSA member institutes, EU institutions, think tanks and academic organisations across Europe, giving the successful candidate the chance to broaden their network in these circles. This is a paid traineeship opportunity (€900/month).
This traineeship would best suit a candidate with a Master’s degree in European Studies, Political Science or Public Administration who has already acquired experience in EU projects. The trainee’s main tasks will be in assisting in implementing EU-funded projects, coordinating academic events, providing external expertise for the European Parliament and contributing to TEPSA’s communication activities.
The Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) is the first transeuropean research network in the field of European affairs. It is an independent research network comprising 46 leading universities and research institutes in the field of European affairs throughout Europe. The TEPSA Secretariat manages and implements several EU-funded projects. It contributes to maximising the policy and societal impact by organising conferences and trainings, producing audio-visual material and coordinating research publications. For further details, see our ‘About Us’ page.
- Helping to organise conferences and seminars
- Helping to edit reports and publications
- Helping to coordinate external expertise with the European Parliament (within TEPSA’s framework contracts with DG Expo and EPRS)
- Assisting in TEPSA’s communication activities
- Contributing to the overall implementation of TEPSA’s activities
- MA in European Studies, Political Science, or Public Administration
- Excellent knowledge of the internal workings of the EU institutions and their decision-making processes
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fluency in English, good knowledge of French, other languages an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office. Website management skills and knowledge of WordPress and/or MailChimp is an asset
- Experience in the organisation of events in the field of EU affairs and/or experience in EU projects are considered an advantage
- Eligible to work in Belgium (EU citizen or valid work permit)
Applicants are requested to send their CV and cover letter including the names of two references via e-mail to recruitment[at]tepsa.eu, with ‘Traineeship General [Name of the applicant]’ in the subject line, addressed to Mariam Khotenashvili.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Deadline for applications: 12 October 2021.
The envisaged starting date of the traineeship is 25 October 2021. Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.